The Andrew Huberman Sleep Cocktail
Supplement Recipe For Better Quality Sleep
In this article we cover:
- What Is In the Andrew Huberman Sleep Cocktail?
- Why Is Sleep So Hard to Come By?
- How Better Sleep Can Improve Your Quality of Life
Published June 17, 2022
The Andrew Huberman Sleep Cocktail
You may have been hearing the the Andrew Huberman sleep cocktail buzz as it goes around. This sleep recipe has not only been floating around the internet the last couple of years, but it was talked about at length on the popular Joe Rogan Experience podcast.
Although it is referred to as a cocktail, the Andrew Huberman sleep cocktail is not a drink. Rather, it’s a variety of supplements taken all together, provided to the public sphere by Dr. Andrew Huberman. The reason why so many people have taken to this supplemental sleep aid is because of Andrew Huberman’s reputation and education; a neuroscientist and tenured professor in the Department of Neurobiology at the Stanford University School of Medicine, Andrew Huberman definitely knows what he is talking about, and prescribing, when he is promoting better sleep.
The “cocktail” is designed to help people who struggle to get good sleep. The Andrew Huberman Sleep Cocktail contains all of the necessary ingredients that are designed and required for a person to get a good night’s sleep. Andrew Huberman recommends that his sleep cocktail, made up of several supplements, be taken before bedtime in order to train the body for better sleep over time.
If you are someone who struggles to get good sleep, then the Andrew Huberman Sleep Cocktail may be worth a try.
What Is In the Andrew Huberman Sleep Cocktail?
The Andrew Huberman Sleep Cocktail is not a drink, but rather a variety of different supplements that one should be able to acquire on Amazon, at their nearest GNC or any health-based store. Huberman’s recipe for better sleep is made with the following supplemental ingredients:
- 200-400mg of Magnesium Threonate or Glycinate, taken two to three hours before bedtime
- 200-400mg of Theanine, a nootropic that takes the edge off and allows the mind to settle down into a relaxed state. Theanine is a great remedy for anyone who feels overly caffeinated late in the day
- 50mg of Apigenin, stemming from the chamomile plant which is widely known for its relaxing qualities
- 2g of Glycine, an amino acid that promotes relaxation
- 100mg of GABA, a type of neurotransmitter that works promotes better function of the central nervous system
A lot of people like to take these supplements with a cup of hot herbal tea that contains ingredients like lavender, chamomile, valerian root, or any other ingredient known for promoting relaxation and sleepiness. There are other things that you can do to ensure that better sleep takes place such as:
- Avoiding caffeine after 2:00pm everyday
- Having your bedroom at a cooler temperature during the night. You can take it a step further and purchase a Chilipad to cool your blankets and mattress if you have the financial means to do so
- Ensure that your evening meals contain a higher amount of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates release serotonin which is necessary for quality sleep
- Despite what you may have heard or researched, try not to use melatonin. You can easily become reliant on it and eventually, your body will stop producing it naturally which will impair your innate ability to sleep
- Make it a consistent habit to be in direct sunlight for two to ten minutes within 30 minutes of waking up
- When the sun is setting, put yourself in direct sunlight again. This will send a message to your bodies natural circadian rhythm that it is evening and, yet again, time for sleep
Why Is Sleep So Hard to Come By?
There are a variety of different reasons as to why sleep may be difficult to come by. A common reason is stress and anxiety. When we are stressed, our bodies produce a higher amount of cortisol, which is the hormone responsible for making us feel alert and awake. Too much cortisol in the body can lead to difficulty in falling asleep and staying asleep. Other reasons why sleep may be difficult to come by include:
- Drinking caffeine late in the day
- Eating a large meal close to bedtime
- Exposing yourself to bright lights before bedtime
- Working late into the night
- Staring at screens late into the night
- Having an irregular sleep schedule
If you find yourself struggling to get quality sleep on a regular basis, it is important to consult with a doctor as sleep deprivation can have serious implications on one’s health. Sleep deprivation has been linked with a number of different health conditions such as:
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Memory problems
Getting quality sleep is extremely important for our overall health and well-being. If you find yourself struggling to get a good night’s rest, consider speaking with a doctor and trying out some of the tips and tricks mention above, including the Andrew Huberman sleep cocktail. Your body will thank you for it!
How Can Better Sleep Improve Your Quality of Life?
Sleep is essential for our overall health and well-being, yet many of us struggle to get quality sleep on a regular basis. Taking steps to improve your sleep habits, like sticking to the Andrew Huberman sleep cocktail regimen, can have a significant impact on your quality of life.
Getting enough sleep helps improve our mood, energy levels, and concentration. It also strengthens our immune system, helps regulate our appetite, and reduces stress levels. In short, getting quality sleep is crucial for our physical and mental health.
There are many simple things you can do to improve your sleep habits, starting with the Andrew Huberman sleep cocktail. Something even as simple as establishing a regular sleep schedule and avoiding caffeine in the evening can make a big difference in one’s sleep performance. Creating a relaxing bedtime routine can also help you wind down and prepare for sleep.
Focus On Your Sleep, Immediately Improve Your Quality of Life
If you’re struggling to get quality sleep, don’t hesitate to reach out to a healthcare professional. They can help you identify any underlying causes of your sleep difficulties and develop a plan to improve your sleep habits.
But many people who have given the Andrew Huberman sleep cocktail regimen an honest try swear by its immediate results. Taking steps like integrating the Andrew Huberman’s sleep cocktail into one’s life to improve their sleep will undoubtedly improve their quality of life.